Monday, July 20, 2015

R.I.P.: Former Wisconsin Sports Personality Steve Haywood

WAUK 540 AM Jackson WI and WTLX 100.5 FM Monona WI ESPN Wisconsin reports  Steve Haywood passed away on Sunday morning at St. Luke’s Hospital in Milwaukee.

He was just 48 years old, according to FOX6 Now News.

FOX6’s Tom Pipines interviewed Haywood back in 2013. At that time, Haywood hadn’t been on the radio in nearly a year because of a host of health problems.

“Cardiomyopathy, which is an enlargement of the heart. I have a pacemaker, diabetes, gastroparesis, kidney failure and then obviously I have an amputation of my left leg,” Haywood said.

Through it all, Haywood managed to keep his trademark sense of humor.

“I’ve still got all my teeth — so I’m pretty good!” Haywood said.

Steve Haywood was the host of “That Being Said,” on Milwaukee’s ESPN Radio.

After graduating from Milwaukee Tech High School in 1985, Haywood attended college at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where he graduated in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment