Thursday, December 18, 2014

FCC's Michael O'Reilly Confirmed To Full Term

Michael O'Reilly
FCC Commissioner Michael O'Rielly was confirmed by he Senate Tuesday for a full five-year term on the commission.

He had been filling out the unexpired term of Rob McDowell, which ended June 30, though commissioners are allowed to continue serving for what can be an extended period before being officially confirmed to a new term.   The President re-nominated him in October.

O’Rielly has been a commissioner since November 2013. Before that he was policy advisor in the Office of the Senate Republican Whip.  

“I sincerely appreciate the Members of the U.S. Senate for considering and ultimately confirming me to a new term at the Federal Communications Commission," O'Rielly told MultiChannel News. "I will do my best to fulfill the trust they have placed in me and continue to meet the obligations of my role at the Commission.  My colleagues have been enormously supportive and I look forward to working with them on the complex communications issues before us. “

No comments:

Post a Comment