Friday, September 19, 2014

NYC Radio: Emmis Appoints TT Torrez MD For WQHT

TT Torrez
Emmis/New York Radio has appointed TT Torrez as Music Director of Rhythmic CHR WQHT 97.1 FM Hot 97.

The appointment is  effective October 1.

 During her 14-year career, Torrez has worked in several markets including Charlotte, Hartford, Philadelphia and New York, where she was correspondent, writer, producer, and music programmer for Music Choice television. Torrez has held both on-air and behind-the-scenes positions, most recently as MD/afternoons for Radio One's WCDX 92.1 FMFM iPower 92-1 Richmond, VA.

"TT has a long and consistent track record of making things happen. After seeing the amazing things she's done in her career, and learning she was a fan of HOT 97, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with her," states Hot 97 PD Jay Dixon. "TT knows Hip Hop. We are thrilled to have her on-board, and can't wait to see what she can bring to our legendary brand."

"I would like to thank Rick Cummings, Jimmy Steal, Deon Levingston, and most of all, Jay Dixon and Ebro Darden, for believing in my talents and allowing me the opportunity to further grow my career with the Emmis family," added TT. "As a young girl growing up in New York, I always dreamed about the day I would be able to work for the station that I grew up on. My desire to get into radio was because of the influence Hot 97 had on me as kid. This opportunity is an amazing blessing and a perfect example that if you work hard, stay humble and put God first, dreams really do come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment