Monday, August 18, 2014

Miami: Cox' Hits 97-3 Signs DJ Laz for Mornings


Cox Media Group (CMG) Miami has announced it is bringing legendary morning show host, DJ LAZ, back to South Florida on WFLC 97.3 FM  HITS 97-3 beginning Aug. 25.

“I’m excited to welcome DJ Laz back to morning radio in Miami,” said Jill Strada, CMG Miami’s Director of Branding & Programming, “He’s a star with undeniable talent!”
 
CMG Miami’s VP and Market Manager, Rob Babin added, “We are excited that DJ Laz will be joining our HITS 97.3 team and look forward to launching a new local morning show custom built for South Florida!”

DJ Laz will be joined by co-host Kimmy, who comes over from WFLC’s sister station WEDR.  “We have such great talent within our Cox stations, and I’m happy to be able to promote someone within the CMG Miami family.”  Strada added. “Laz and Kimmy together are a superstar team.”

“Thanks to Jill Strada and CMG Miami for believing in me and giving me this opportunity to grow,” said Kimmy.  “I can’t wait to get started with my new partner DJ Laz.  Miami mornings will never be the same."

WFLC 97.3 FM (98Kw) 60dBu Coverage
DJ Laz spent 22 years in the market at WPOW and most recently was live coast-to-coast on SBS Broadcasting’s WRMA in Miami and KXOL in Los Angeles.  He is also a platinum recording artist with hits such as “Move, Shake, Drop” and “Esa Morena” and was one of the first to discover and launch the career of national recording artist Pitbull.

“I'm so pumped to get back to doing what I love, in the city I love. Radio is about to get fun again!” added DJ Laz.

No comments:

Post a Comment