Thursday, October 24, 2013

DC Radio: Don Geronimo Sez ‘Fun’ Is The Attraction

Don Geronimo (Washington Post)
CBS Radio announced late Wednesday that veteran personality Don Geronimo is returning to DC Radio on WJFK starting today. (See Original Posting: Click Here).  He'll be hosting a weekday evening show 7p to 10p and Saturdays 9am to Noon.

WJFK THE FAN LISTEN LINE: Click Here.

WJFK 106.7 FM The Fan switched to an all-sports talk format in 2009, and Geronimo (whose real name is Michael Sorce), said he’ll be dropping the comedy bits for chatter about the Redskins and sports.

He’ll be flying solo; O’Meara now does his own show.

“The main thing that appealed to me [about returning] is that all they said to me was, ‘Just have fun,’” Geronimo told The Washington Post.

“My show will be sports-dominant, but what’s great about WJFK is that there’s always room for personality radio.”

Geronimo left Washington’s airwaves after three decades in 2008 and  he took two years off after leaving for personal reasons. His wife, Freda Wright-Sorce, died in a car accident in 2005, and Geronimo spent a long period in mourning.

“The last three years [of working at WJFK] were wasted years because I had too much outside stuff going on,” he said. “I did get myself together. I got remarried. I got my son’s life in order ... But I love being on the radio and wanted to get back to it. It’s the only thing I do well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment