Friday, March 15, 2013

Balt. Radio: Glenn Younes Enjoys Working Solo At 105.7

Glenn Younes
Glenn Younes took a pay cut to leave a high-profile national-sports satellite radio gig and come to Baltimore to do a local radio show. Was he crazy?

Dave Hughes from dctv.com reports Younes, who has been doing the evening show on CBS-owned 105.7 The Fan, WJZ-FM, since August 2011, said he got what he wanted out of the move.

He wanted his own show, which would allow him to exhibit his skills of personally connected radio.

"Now, I can harness my craziness into one show," Younes said. "I can put my sole focus on my show."

Before coming to Baltimore, Younes had been an anchor for SiriusXM radio, hosting the "Mad Dog Sports" weekend show on Mad Dog Radio.

He was also the primary fill-in host for the channel, regularly stepping in for the channel's namesake, Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo.

Younes uses words such as "fantastic" and "stressful" to describe his work at SiriusXM.

"I was recapping NFL games for the whole country," Younes said. "I took a pay cut to go to 105.7. It was a conscious decision. Yeah, I took a step backward to take a step forward. I don't just do sports on my 105.7 show. In evenings, people are already up on the latest sports news."

Younes is a one-man band, and he said he enjoyed going solo on the radio, without a co-host. He admitted a need to be dominant in the conversation.

He also said there's a lot of the back end to the radio business now that he's at 105.7, which means he's now more involved with the sales and advertising end of the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment